I was never involved in organized sports as a child so I haven’t had much experience with awards but since beginning this blog almost seven months ago; a soul-sharing leap into the vast expanse of cyber-space wondering if anyone would find it much less read it or like it, I have been honoured with two and now three Reader Appreciation Awards.
I am understandably thrilled, excited, grateful and humbled that my words have 1. been found, 2. been found interesting enough that people have chosen to follow me, and 3. been found worthy of being honoured as a reader’s favourite.
Thank you to LifeBeam for this most recent Super Sweet Blogging Award. LifeBeam’s is a kindred blog; combining her photography with inspirational messages. If you haven’t visited her site yet, it is a definite destination for all things uplifting.
The Super Sweet Blogging Award comes with a few tasty strings attached.
- Give credit to the person who chooses to nominate you.
- Answer the “Super Sweet” questions
- Nominate a “Baker’s Dozen”
Here are my answers to the Super Sweet questions:
- Cookies or cake? Hmmm, that’s a tough one. Whichever is in front of me.
- Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate. Next question?
- What is your favorite sweet treat, cheesecake or frozen yoghurt? I’m reading this as three choices: sweet treat; cheesecake; frozen yoghurt…so I’ll go with Chocolate – Lindt’s 70% Dark Chocolate pieces. They come in individually wrapped small squares. Just the right size to put an exclamation mark at the end of dinner – every dinner (or lunch, and sometimes a mid-day treat. Ok, I’ll admit, mid-morning works too.)
- When do you crave sweet things the most? Always need something sweet after lunch or dinner. (This was LifeBeam’s answer and I agree wholeheartedly!)
- If you had a sweet nickname what would it be? Sugar
My Baker’s Dozen in no particular order. These bloggers add to the richness of life and I enjoy savouring their posts.
- Discussion of pop culture, literature and architecture:
- Exploring the bookshops of England:
- Gorgeous photography of Tracie Louise:
- An act of kindness everyday for 365 days:
- Like Hipsters, but Happier:
- Top 10 lists of anything and everything:
- Living the Dream:
- Stunning photography of Alberto Mateo:
- Bloggers for Peace:
- More gorgeous photography, this time by Patrick Latter:
- I’m breaking the rules a bit with this one; think of it as a sweet treat. This is a website of a very dear friend of the family who is doing terrific work in India:
- Thoughtful, beautiful writing:
- Literary Landmarks:
Thank you again to LifeBeam for honouring me with this award. It means more than you can know.
And thank you to those who have chosen to follow me over the past seven months. To me, each click of the ‘follow’ button is a win in my books.