I was never involved in organized sports as a child so I haven’t had much experience with awards but since beginning this blog almost seven months ago; a soul-sharing leap into the vast expanse of cyber-space wondering if anyone would find it much less read it or like it, I have been honoured with two and now three Reader Appreciation Awards.
I am understandably thrilled, excited, grateful and humbled that my words have 1. been found, 2. been found interesting enough that people have chosen to follow me, and 3. been found worthy of being honoured as a reader’s favourite.
Thank you to LifeBeam for this most recent Super Sweet Blogging Award. LifeBeam’s is a kindred blog; combining her photography with inspirational messages. If you haven’t visited her site yet, it is a definite destination for all things uplifting.
The Super Sweet Blogging Award comes with a few tasty strings attached.
- Give credit to the person who chooses to nominate you.
- Answer the “Super Sweet” questions
- Nominate a “Baker’s Dozen”
Here are my answers to the Super Sweet questions:
- Cookies or cake? Hmmm, that’s a tough one. Whichever is in front of me.
- Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate. Next question?
- What is your favorite sweet treat, cheesecake or frozen yoghurt? I’m reading this as three choices: sweet treat; cheesecake; frozen yoghurt…so I’ll go with Chocolate – Lindt’s 70% Dark Chocolate pieces. They come in individually wrapped small squares. Just the right size to put an exclamation mark at the end of dinner – every dinner (or lunch, and sometimes a mid-day treat. Ok, I’ll admit, mid-morning works too.)
- When do you crave sweet things the most? Always need something sweet after lunch or dinner. (This was LifeBeam’s answer and I agree wholeheartedly!)
- If you had a sweet nickname what would it be? Sugar
My Baker’s Dozen in no particular order. These bloggers add to the richness of life and I enjoy savouring their posts.
- Discussion of pop culture, literature and architecture:
- Exploring the bookshops of England:
- Gorgeous photography of Tracie Louise:
- An act of kindness everyday for 365 days:
- Like Hipsters, but Happier:
- Top 10 lists of anything and everything:
- Living the Dream:
- Stunning photography of Alberto Mateo:
- Bloggers for Peace:
- More gorgeous photography, this time by Patrick Latter:
- I’m breaking the rules a bit with this one; think of it as a sweet treat. This is a website of a very dear friend of the family who is doing terrific work in India:
- Thoughtful, beautiful writing:
- Literary Landmarks:
Thank you again to LifeBeam for honouring me with this award. It means more than you can know.
And thank you to those who have chosen to follow me over the past seven months. To me, each click of the ‘follow’ button is a win in my books.
Congratulations on your award. It’s wonderful news to share!
Thanks so much! Great to hear from you.
Congratulations!. Well deserved.
Thanks so much!
Thank you so, so much!!! Some pass these awards off as nothing but I am always deeply honoured by them! It is all very well people saying they love your blog, but when a fellow blogger says it, it means something so much more. I am at work at the moment but I will take a look at it when I get home. Once again thank you.
I agree. I take them to heart too.
Your blog makes me smile and I always think ‘how did you come up with the idea for this list and where did you find the photos? Don’t answer, keep the mystery alive. A very creative and uplifting blog.
Thanks for adding me to a great list of blogs!
Pingback: Super Sweet Blogging Award | Chocolate Spoon & The Camera
Congratulations Carolin! What a fascinating gathering of people you’ve assembled. We are touched and honored to be included in such eminent company. Many thanks. Can’t wait to check out all these enticing blogs.
Please follow this link to our Awards Page to see our personal response and Thank You.
Wishing you all the best, Terri & James
My pleasure! Looking forward to reading your response.
Congratulations~ With lots of cheers on a lovely Thursday! 😀
Thanks so much! Cheers to you too!
You’re welcome~ Cheers!! 😀