Are you kidding me?
You hardly know me?
Yet there it was. Laid out in black and white.
I read it again. Yup, no mistake.
Someone new-ish to my blog, a recent follower, a virtual friend, awarded me not one, not two, but three awards at once!
A triple crown! A triple-decker! A super-duper triple ace!
I’ve never heard of such a thing, yet apparently it exists. She herself was just awarded it.
This gracer of triple excitement is Oliana Kim of Whispering Insights. A thoughtful (as in deep thinker, not just kind), soul whose life work is helping others and whose blog showcases her diversity in prose and contemplation.
So what are these awards you ask?
The Best Moment Award:
Awarding the people who live in the moment,
The noble who write and capture the best in life,
The bold who reminded us what really mattered –
Savoring the experience of quality time.
The Versatile Blogger Award is awarded based on “the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page…the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them. Honoring those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.”
So, you can see why I think this is a big deal. I am grateful and honoured that Oliana thought me worthy.
Bloggers supporting bloggers. Ones who have become your followers. Ones who feel that your words are worth reading when your latest post falls into their Reader or their Inbox.
That’s pretty satisfying.
Thank you, Oliana.
But of course, with these awards come some rules and some homework.
Here are the rules.
- Display the award picture.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Pass the nomination along to 15 blogs you have recently discovered.
- Contact the nominees.
- Share seven things about yourself.
#1. check, #2. check, #3…
Since I take these awards seriously, I want to ponder my nominations carefully.
There are bloggers whom I follow and I have previously awarded them well-deserved awards so rather than risk repetition, I ask that I be granted more time to further explore the wonderful world of WordPress in order to discover even more bloggers worthy of the triple crown.
So I’m going to bend the rules a tad and as I come across a blog that I feel fits the criteria, I will notify them individually.
Forgive me blogging gods.
So #3 & #4 are in process.
That leaves #5 – share 7 things about yourself.
- I am older than some and younger than others, yet feel younger than I am old.
- Given the choice, chocolate usually wins, even if I really feel like having chips. (I think it’s a mental thing that chocolate is more decadent.)
- I am the youngest of three, five and seventeen (that’s siblings and cousins).
- I think cows and elephants are very cute!
- I bought a plant at a fair when I was in grade 3 and it’s still alive! (We’re talking like 40 years ago! – Hey! stop doing the math!)
- Autumn is my favourite season.
- I once revived a hummingbird.
So there you have it. Seven things I am sure you are glad to know about me.
But this you must know, I am very grateful for this triple honour. It makes me feel like all the time it takes to write these posts is worth every minute.
Triple bowls of happiness to you today. I’m sharing the Joy!