Despite the layers of clothing worn –
Long johns, scarves and mitts,
Despite the rosy flesh and ears
From wintry wind’s harsh kiss,
Despite the mounds of roadside dirt
Where encrusted snow is knotted,
Despite each pole, the base of which,
Is brightly yellow dotted,
Despite the rising plumes of white
From frosty-face and sewer-bars,
Despite the clear blue skies above
with wind-chills straight from Mars,
February plays its part,
For each month has its story.
Canadians embrace them all,
And cherish each one’s glory.
Regardless of the cold alerts,
And broken water mains,
We’ll fish and skate and drive our cars,
With tires wrapped in chains.
“It’s merely winter in Canada”
We boast with pride and shout.
When really what we’re thinking is,
“Ten more days, then Feb. Get the F’n Hell Out!
Join 292 other subscribers
Who is Pollyanna?
Coach, Copywriter, Dream Enabler | Toronto, Canada | visit carolinrathbun.com
Not As Recent, But Not To Miss!
- 9 Life Lessons I Learned From My Dad
- A Symbolic Life
- How To Choose The Words That Define You
- How To Combat The Negative Messages Your Teen Hears
- How To Determine Your Friends’ Worth
- How To See Yourself Through Someone Else's Eyes
- Is Striving For Perfection Good or Bad?
- Should Preschoolers Rule the World?
- Should We Still Teach Our Boys To Be Gentlemen?
- What Is The Price Of Change?
- December 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
Positive Websites I Like